March 24, 2012

The Farm


I'm still struggling with writing a blog - funny one.

We had a lovely day today. We were supposed to go up to The Clare and stay the night in Tub (our vintage 70's caravan) or tincan as my husband lovingly calls it....

It was drizzly and cold and we were all tired and grumpy so we canned the idea and stayed home instead.

We ended up in the Adelaide Hills, munching on pizza and trawling through the antique shops, love!

My daughter tonight was still a bit grizzly and asked me to tell her a story - it actually shocked me when I thought about it - it is the first time I have told her a "story" - not read from a book.

I told her about "Nanny" and how she grew up on a farm. Nanny rode her horse to school - that got a huge laugh! Nanny used to drive the tractor - another laugh. Nanny has two dogs - oh how lucky was Nanny!

I got a bit teary when I left the room, remembering my own "Nanny and Pop" (Mum's mum and dad) and the beautiful memories I hold close of my holiday adventures on their farm in the Clare Valley. Such special memories. Has made me really think.... I must talk to mum NOW about more of her memories, so I can tell Poppy more wonderful stories....

And if you are wondering about the pic? It is a swan that used to sit in the garden at the farm. Now proudly by the back door of my brother's shack!

Nonite xx

No comments:

Post a Comment