January 11, 2012

Spooky Shopping

The closest I got to sewing today was washing some vintage fabric at 7am and ironing it at 7pm!

My husband went interstate this morning and I dropped Poppy at childcare. Mmm, just one op shop before getting home I thought. Well as usual the excitement got the better of me, and I got home at 4pm... This is what the inside of the car looked like...

I seriously could not have jammed another vintage treasure in...

I love how vintage treasures evoke memories... I get so excited when a customer spots a vintage fabric that was part of their childhood, like a pillowcase or a set of sheets. On that note, I have decided from this day forward that little luv products will only be made using vintage fabric and buttons. I love all the new fabrics, but I feel more passion sewing pre-loved fabrics. Stay tuned then for a little new fabric sale!

Back to my other love.... I found a lot of goodies today for my other little business Foundabout. It was a really spooky day because I would walk into a shop and think 'I'd love to find a....' - turn around and there it was. This happened 5 times, seriously! The other spooky thing was being chatted up by a regular customer in a new retro shop I stumbled across. That was funny!

Okay, my favourite purchase of the day - for ME? Yes, believe it or not... Disco Fashion Roller Skates. Fit like a glove...

And yes, I popped them on when I got home, much to Poppy and my amusement - a precious moment! I wobbled up and down the path, feeling like I was ten again. Couldn't wait to tell my mum!

Oh, the other little bargain, a Diane vonFurstenberg 100% cashmere long cream cardigan for five bucks!

Nonite! xx


2 comments:

  1. Obviously you need a bigger car when you go treasure hunting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always felt that with op-shopping you need to have a sense for it. Well m'dear it appears you so have it! the best op-shopper in Adelaide, I just adore reading about your vintage finds. So thrilled you have started blogging, I need more that a few lines on a fb post. Oh and congratz on the DVF - gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete